Filing Form 990 is a long and difficult process, so the IRS developed a form to make it a little easier for smaller tax-exempt organizations. Enter the e-Postcard: a form specially made for tax-exempt organizations grossing less than $50,000 a year in gross receipts. So what makes this form more convenient than a regular 990 or 990-EZ? The key to the form’s simplicity is the fact that it only contains eight parts:
- – An Employer or Entity Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Tax ID Number, or TIN.
- – The tax year for which the organization is filling.
- – The legal name and address of the organization.
- – All of the different names the organization operates under.
- – The name and address of a principal officer of the organization, such as a president, vice president, etc.
- – The website of the organization, if one is available.
- – A confirmation that the organization had gross receipts of $50,000 or less during the year.
- – A statement if the organization is going out of business.
If that doesn’t seem easy enough, Express990 has made it even easier. We offer a step by step walk through that seems more like a conversation than a tax filing. Once you create an account, you will have immediate access to filing Form 990-N and with a couple clicks of the mouse, you’ll be done and back to doing the things that are most important to you.
Did we mention that filing your 990-N with us is FREE?
That’s right, filing for your current year with us is not only easy, but it’s free as well. Need to file for your prior year? We’ve got you covered there, too. It’s only $9.90 to file for a past year and we even offer discounted pricing for CPAs.