The Exempt Income Tax Return Deadline is tomorrow! I have the best e-filing hacks so you can get through the deadline stress free (well as stress free as possible, it is an IRS deadline after all).
1. E-file your 990-N on your tablet
If your organization has gross receipts of $50,000 or less in a year, you will e-file Form 990-N. This form is free to e-file for the current tax year. You can file from any location with the Express990 App – available for Apple and Android devices.
2. Extend your deadline with Form 8868
If more time is what you need, you can e-file Form 8868 – Exempt Organization Tax Extension. This form will provide you with an automatic 3 month extension of time to file your 990 (or other form from the series). If the initial 3 months is not enough time, you can e-file Part II of Form 8868 for an additional 3 months to file. Form 8868 will not extend the deadline for Form 990-N.
3. E-file your Form 990 (long form)
Paper filing is a thing of the past for Form 990. Express990 now supports e-filing of Form 990 to save you time, paper, and a major headache. You can even e-file Fom 8868 to extend your deadline, and have more time to enjoy the ease of e-filing Form 990 with the IRS. The entire process is pretty simple and guided help prompts show you where everything goes. Contact the Express990 Support Team for more information.
4. Not sure which 990 form to file?
Know which 990 form to file can be a little confusing; there are a lot in the series. Here is a quick and easy guide:
- Form 990-N is for organizations with gross receipts (income) of $50,000 or less in a year.
- Form 990-EZ is for organizations with gross receipts of less than $200,000 or total assets of less than $500,000.
- Form 990 (long form) is for organizations with gross receipts greater than or equal to $200,000 or total assets greater than or equal to $500,000 at the end of the tax year.
5. Contact the Express990 Support Team
If you have a question about how to e-file Form 990, 990-N, or 990-EZ with Expres990.com, contact out Support Team. You can contact us via phone: 704-839-2321 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you start e-filing, it will benefit you greatly to have all the information ready beforehand. Remember, if you have any questions give us a call; we’re here to help.