Oh, your tax returns are soon due; however, unlike last year, this tax season will be nothing more than a breeze because Express990 offers FREE e-filing of Form 990-N (e-Postcard) for the current 2014 tax year. Depending on your tax year end date, you may have a tax deadline quickly approaching and, by using Express990, you can file your Form 990-N (e-Postcard) in no time at all with just six simple steps:
1) Create an Account – Click on the orange REGISTER link, on the Express990.com homepage, if you’re a new user or click SIGN IN if you’re a returning user.
Once you have either logged in or registered, you can begin to complete your Form 990-N.
2) Add your Exempt Organization Details
– Enter your organization’s name, the Employer Identification Number (EIN), and address followed any other required information.
Keep in mind that your organization’s name and EIN must be exactly the same as the IRS has listed in their systems.
3) Choose your Tax Year – Select the appropriate tax year, which you are filing your return.
A Calendar Tax Year denotes you begin on January 1 and end on December 31; a Fiscal Tax Year states that you begin and end on dates other than January 1 and December 31.
4) Confirm your Eligibility Criteria – Indicate that your organization’s gross receipts are less than or equal to $50,000.
Only small tax-exempt organizations that have gross receipts less than or equal to $50,000 are able to complete and file a Form 990-N (e-Postcard).
– Click the REVIEW link to use our automatic error checking.
If there are any errors, click the VIEW ERROR link followed by the FIX IT link to be redirected where the error can be changed.
6) Choose Payment Options – Select your payment options and whether or not you prefer to receive various notifications. Click NEXT to enter payment information followed by PROCESS to transmit form to IRS.
AN IMPORTANT REMINDER: If you are e-filing for the current 2014 tax year, which is FREE, then entering your payment information is used only to authenticate that you are a real human and to prevent fraudulent or fake returns. If you are e-filing for the two most prior tax years, there is a charge of $9.90 per return.
For more information about how to e-file your FREE Form 990-N (e-Postcard) with Express990, head over to the following blogs: