ExpressTaxExempt Blog

Trouble Finding the Right 990 Form? Let ExpressTaxExempt Make It Easy!

It’s important to know which tax return you’re required to file for your exempt organization - filing the incorrect form to the IRS gets rejected as an incomplete return, which can lead to penalties. The last thing you want is to pay thousands of dollars for a mistake that is easily avoidable.

For nonprofits, charities, and other organizations with exemption status, it’s mandatory that you correctly file the following forms with the IRS based on your organization’s gross receipts and assets:

The Right Form with ExpressTaxExempt
Selecting the correct 990 form with ExpressTaxExempt.com couldn’t be more straightforward. If you know your organization makes less than $50,000, you can choose to e-file the “990-N (e-Postcard)” or “Form 990 Series” if your organization brings in more money.

With the “Form 990 Series” option, we simply ask what your gross receipts are - either less than $200,000 or greater than $200,000. Whichever answer you choose, the appropriate form is automatically generated for you.

And the best part - let’s say our program creates a Form 990-EZ based on your answer for gross receipts; however, the amounts you’ve entered for total revenue are over $200,000. ExpressTaxExempt.com will suggest you e-file the 990 (long) and will allow you to continue with your new form without having to start from the beginning again.

Let us help you make federal filings simple so you can get back to making your community a better place. Give our U.S. - based support professionals a call for any questions about your e-filing experience - reach us at 704.839.2321, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. You can also message us 24/7 with support@ExpressTaxExempt.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need Further Help? Contact Us

Our live support specialists in Rock Hill, SC are always ready to offer professional service and assistance.


Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers related to e-filing IRS Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-PF, 990-N (e-Postcard), Form 1120-POL and Extension Form 8868 with our Frequently Asked Questions.

Learn More

Start Now

Start now to e-file an exempt organization returns or file for a extension with ExpressTaxExempt.

Start Now